To provide Members with an update on progress with implementing Council Motion 559 to plant trees as appropriate, as a responsive action to the declared climate emergency.
The Group had before it and NOTED a *report of the Group Manager for Corporate Property and Commercial Assets providing Members with an update on progress with implementing Council Motion 559 to plant trees as appropriate, as a responsive action to the declared climate emergency.
The officer outlined the contents of the report stating that the report was prepared in response to Motion 559 and that a desktop study had taken place which highlighted all of the potential sites. Officers had also been engaging with the Tree Group, Sustainable Crediton and interested groups in Cullompton and Bradninch.
Consideration was given to:
· The maintenance of trees once planted and that there should be a budget available
· Possible commercial land being made available and who would be the first point of contact for companies offering land
· The use of S106 monies as part of the planning process to encourage tree planting
· Signposting residents to grants available for tree planting
· The off-setting of carbon and how this is calculated
Members thanked officers for the work to date and endorsed further work that was due to take place.
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.