The Cabinet Member for Working Environment and Support Services will update the Committee regarding areas covered by this remit.
The Committee had before it a report * from the Cabinet Member for Support Services and the Working Environment providing an update on areas covered by this remit.
Discussion took place regarding:
· Levels of skin cancer being high due to the numbers of outside workers;
· Sugar Smart and the levels of sugar in ready meals;
· Air quality and the unsuccessful bid for Air Quality Grants;
· Freedom of Information requests and the benefits of them being available to view on the internet;
· The difficulties in recruiting to certain posts due to pay levels;
· The benefits of the Community Safety Partnership;
· Mental Health first aid training;
· Vacant posts in Enforcement;
· Organisational review and the uncertainty this caused.
Notes:i) Report * previously circulated and attached to Minutes.
ii) Cllr Mrs J Roach declared a personal interest as she had submitted a Subject Access Information Request.