To receive and consider the reports, minutes and recommendations of the recent meetings as follows:
- 8 March 2018
- 5 April 2018
2) Scrutiny Committee
- 12 March 2018
- 16 April 2018 (to follow)
(3) Audit Committee
- 20 March 2018
(4) Environment Policy Development Group
- 6 March 2018
(5) Homes Policy Development Group
- 13 March 2018
(6) Economy Policy Development Group
- 8 March 2018
(7) Community Policy Development Group
- 27 March 2018
(8) Planning Committee
- 28 February 2018
- 21 March 2018
- 18 April 2018 (to follow)
(9) Standards Committee
- 14 March 2018
The Leader presented the report of the meeting of the Cabinet held on 8 March 2018
1. Treasury Management Strategy and Annual Investment Strategy (Min 136)
The Leader MOVED seconded by Councillor P H D Hare-Scott
THAT the recommendations of the Cabinet as set out in Minute 136 be ADOPTED.
Upon a vote being taking, the MOTION was declared to have been CARRIED.
To receive a report of the Director of Finance, Assets and Resources requesting that the Cabinet recommend to Council that the proposed Treasury Management Strategy and Annual Investment Strategy for 2018/19 be approved.
The Cabinet had before it a *report of Director of Finance, Assets & Resources requesting that Council approve the proposed Treasury Management Strategy and Annual Investment Strategy for 2018/19.
The Cabinet Member for Finance outlined the contents of the report stating that the Council had set a balanced budget at its meeting in February at the same meeting the Capital Programme had also been considered. He explained the new reporting procedures required by CIPFA outlined within the report and the details of the Capital Strategy, the capital expenditure plans and the Council’s borrowing needs.
Consideration was given to:
· Scrutiny of treasury management would be by the Cabinet and Full Council
· The prudential indicators
· The need for a thorough business planning exercise to take place prior to any capital expenditure.
(Proposed by Cllr P H D Hare-Scott and seconded by Cllr C R Slade)
i) Cllr C J Eginton declared a personal interest as he received a pension from Lloyds banking Group;
ii) *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.