To receive a briefing paper from the Group Manager for Housing Services on the structure of the Housing Service and the functions for which the housing teams are responsible.
The Group had before it, and NOTED, a briefing paper * from the Group Manager for Housing Services providing information on the structure of the Housing Service and the functions for which the housing teams were responsible.
The officer outlined the contents of the report bringing particular attention to the following:
· The areas of responsibility of the Group Manager: that of the Housing Options Team and housing management of the Council’s retained stock,
· The number of staff and the budget for the service through the Housing Revenue Account and the General Fund
· The strategic housing functions: homelessness, Devon Home Choice, neighbourhood management, fire safety, tenancy fraud, anti-social behaviour, tenancy involvement and housing policy
Discussion took place regarding:
· The implications of the Homelessness Reduction Act and the new duties it introduced
· The number of homeless people in Mid Devon and the work that was taking place to engage with these people
· The fact that the team were fully occupied with the new duties outlined in the recent legislation
Note: * Briefing paper previously circulated; copy attached to the signed minutes.