Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To receive the peer review report as
undertaken by the Local Government Association as part of its
national sector-led improvement programme and to consider the
recommendations contained therein.
The Cabinet had before it a *report from the Local Government Association (LGA) as part of their peer challenge sector-led improvement programme and were requested to consider the action plan proposed by means of addressing the recommendations from the peer team.
The Leader outlined the contents of the report providing information with regard to the peer review that had taken place.
The Chief Executive highlighted the recommendations, his responses and timeframes for action.
Discussion took place regarding:
· The need for improved communication across the authority
· Improvement required with regard to Member/Officer relations and how that was proposed to be addressed
· The climate change action plan highlighted within the report was already being progressed as was the climate change website
1. The LGA report at Appendix A be noted, including the nine specific recommendations contained therein, which was produced as a result of the recent peer challenge process.
2. The action plan at Appendix B be approved with the Cabinet requesting a further update in six months to review the implementation and/or progress of these actions.
(Proposed by the Leader and seconded by Cllr C R Slade)
Reason for the decision – the views of colleagues, partners and peers are critical in helping the Council to deliver its ambitions.
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.
Report author: Stephen Walford
Publication date: 01/07/2022
Date of decision: 28/06/2022
Decided at meeting: 28/06/2022 - Cabinet
Effective from: 06/07/2022