Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider the draft budget
The Cabinet had before it a * report of the Deputy Chief Executive (151) reviewing the revised draft budget changes identified and discussing any further changes required in order for the Council to move towards a balanced budget for 2020/21. Also, to highlight the impact of the proposed changes on the Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP).
The Cabinet Member for Finance outlined the contents of the report stating that there was a need to consider the budget gap referred to in table 1 of the report and that there was a need to look to use reserves to bridge the gap unless further savings could be realised.
Consideration was given to:
· The proposed savings that had been put forward which included the removal of the weed team and collection calendars
· The special meeting of the Environment Policy Development Group planned for 30 January to consider budget issues
· How effective the weed team had been
· A gard copy of collection calendars would be available on request
· Tiverton Town Council’s involvement in the maintenance and planting of flower beds
· The impairment of 25% of 3 Rivers working capital loan
It was therefore RESOLVED that:
a) The updated budget proposals for 2020/21 included in Appendix 1 and 2 and the Capital Programme included in Appendix 4 be agreed.
b) The payment in advance of the next 3 Years’ Pension Deficit (see Section 4) be agreed.
c) The revised Medium Term Financial Plan (MTFP) be noted.
d) A minimum General Reserves (General Fund) limit of £2m see Section 5 and Appendix 6 be agreed
(Proposed by Cllr A White and seconded by Cllr L D Taylor)
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.
Report author: Andrew Jarrett
Publication date: 21/01/2020
Date of decision: 16/01/2020
Decided at meeting: 16/01/2020 - Cabinet
Effective from: 25/01/2020