Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: For Determination
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To consider utilising service users provided
by DDCCRC (Dorset, Devon and Cornwall Community Rehabilitation
The Cabinet had before it a *report of the Operations Manager for Street Scene setting out the key aspects in utilising service users provided by DDCCRC (Dorset, Devon and Cornwall Community Rehabilitation Company).
The Cabinet Member for the Environment outlined the contents of the report stating that the scheme was of benefit to councillors, the people of Mid Devon and also those who were serving punishment as the scheme delivered punishment by depriving service users of free time, allowing the individual to gain work related skills in a positive law abiding environment. There was little cost to the Council as the scheme would be run by the National Probation Service.
Consideration was given to:
· Local Projects
· The potential for the scheme to dovetail with climate work with regard to tree planting
· The scheme did not replace paid employment by others
· How Parish Councils could apply to the scheme for local projects
· Ward Members would be requested (on behalf of their communities) to put forward local projects
· Whether the scheme could be linked into local projects already being undertaken by the Duke of Edinburgh Scheme
RESOLVED that the proposal to utilise community payback service users in the District be approved.
(Proposed by Cllr C R Slade and seconded by Cllr Miss E Wainwright)
Reason for decision: to utilise the scheme would be of community benefit and provide opportunities for those involved to develop new skills.
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.
Report author: Darren Beer
Publication date: 13/01/2021
Date of decision: 07/01/2021
Decided at meeting: 07/01/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 16/01/2021