Decision Maker: Homes Policy Development Group, Cabinet
Decision status: Implemented
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To receive a report providing an update to
Members on the current garage stock situation, with plans for
modernisations and opportunities for change of use/redevelopment,
and the adoption of a 6-year rather than the existing 12-year
planned maintenance programme.
Following consideration of a *report of the Corporate Manager for Public Health, Regulation and Housing, the Homes Policy Development Group had made the following recommendation that: the adoption of a 6 yearly planned garage maintenance programme by bringing forward budgeted funds from future years be approved.
The Cabinet Member for Housing and Property Services outlined the contents of the report stating that this was an update on the current garage stock situation, with plans for modernisations and opportunities for change of use/redevelopment and the adoption of a 6 year rather than the existing 12 year planned maintenance programme. He outlined the number of units currently occupied and the number of voids, the opportunities available and the condition of the garage stock.
Consideration was given to:
· Discussions that had taken place at the meeting of the Policy Development Group with regard to the potential for various sites
· Whether the Ford Road, Tiverton site could be used for parking spaces rather than change of use
· The flexibility of the package before Members and that the request (above) be noted.
· Occupancy rates and the need to modernise some of the stock to fit the modern day car
· Whether Ward Members would continue to be consulted on the opportunities available
· The inspection programme for the stock.
RESOLVED that the recommendation of the Policy Development Group be approved.
(Proposed by Cllr R B Evans and seconded by Cllr C R Slade)
Reason for the decision: the need to agree the adoption of a 6 yearly planned garage maintenance and modernisation programme by bringing forward budgeted funds from future years.
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.
Report author: Simon Newcombe
Publication date: 22/02/2021
Date of decision: 18/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 18/02/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 27/02/2021