Decision Maker: Community Policy Development Group, Cabinet
Decision status: Implemented
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To receive the Annual review of the Single Equalities Policy and Equality Objective
Following consideration of a report of the Operations Manager for Performance, Governance and Health & Safety, the Community Policy Development Group had recommended that the Single Equalities Scheme and Equality Objectives be approved.
The Cabinet Member for Community Well-Being outlined the contents of the report stating that under the Equality Act 2010 local authorities had a duty to have due regard to:
· Eliminate discrimination, harassment, victimisation and any other conduct that is prohibited by or under the Act
· Advance equality of opportunity between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it; and
· Foster good relations between persons who share a relevant protected characteristic and persons who do not share it
He also reiterated the equality objectives as outlined in the report.
Consideration was given to:
· Motion 564 to Council with regard to equalities
· Ensuring equality in procurement and commissioning
· Mental health issues and the recommendation from the Menopause Working Group with regard to well-being ambassadors being put in place.
· The processes that would take place to achieve the vision within the scheme
RESOLVED that the recommendation of the Policy Development Group be approved.
(Proposed by Cllr D J Knowles and seconded by Cllr Mrs N Woollatt)
Reason for the Decision – To ensure that the Council fulfils its statutory duties under the Equality Act 2020
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes
Report author: Catherine Yandle
Publication date: 22/02/2021
Date of decision: 18/02/2021
Decided at meeting: 18/02/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 27/02/2021