Decision Maker: Council
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
(1) Motion 567 – (Councillors: J Wright and Miss E Wainwright, R Dolley and Mrs C P Daw – 18 December 2020)
The following motion had been referred to the Environment Policy Development Group for consideration and report:
The Environment Policy Development Group at its meeting on 9 March 2021 considered the Motion and following discussion RECOMMENDED to Council that the Motion should be supported with the following amendment to the final bullet point to state:
· Requests that future budgets be created and ring-fenced for developing our climate work - through a mixture of funding bids; income generation; prioritisation; partnerships; and 'spend to save' schemes.
In accordance with Procedure Rule 16.5, Councillor J Wright sought consent of the Council (which was agreed) to amend the motion to include the word ‘future’ as recommended by the Environment Policy Development Group
Following discussion and upon a vote being taken, the MOTION (as amended) was declared to have been CARRIED.
(2) MOTION 571 (COUNCILLOR A WILCE – 5 MARCH 2021)
That the Meeting Protocol is updated to specifically state that:
1) The primary objective of the Protocol shall be, so far as is practicable
'to ensure that the rights of members (and members of the public) shall not be diminished simply because the meeting is being held online and not face-to-face'.
2) The host of any meeting is the Chairman and the Officer's role as 'host' is solely administrative.
The MOTION was MOVED by Councillor A Wilce and seconded by Councillor Mrs N Woollatt.
In accordance with Procedure Rule 14.4, the Chairman of the Council had ruled that the matter be discussed at this meeting.
Following discussion and upon a vote being taken the MOTION was declared to have been CARRIED.
Publication date: 04/05/2021
Date of decision: 28/04/2021
Decided at meeting: 28/04/2021 - Council