Decision Maker: Cabinet
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
The Cabinet had before it a * report of the Operations Manager for Performance, Governance and Health & Safety providing Members with an update on the performance against the Corporate Plan and local service targets for 2020/21.
The Leader outlined the contents of the report stating that there had been some impact on performance due to the pandemic and he then looked forward to a period of normality in the near future. He highlighted the following:
· Recycling and residual waste – he would like to see an increase in recycling rates.
· The green approach – he referred to the receipt of grant funding for decarbonisation.
· Homes – achievements had been low, but that the authority were working with Community Land Trusts and other agencies to improve the number of new homes and social rented housing in the current year.
· Economy – he highlighted the challenges caused by the pandemic and how the Government had supported people and that there was a need for the authority to provide assistance for regeneration and community and economic confidence in Mid Devon, outlining the South West Mutual Bank as an example.
· Digital connectivity – there were major issues in Mid Devon that needed to be addressed
· Corporate – the council industrial units were fully occupied
· The work of the Revenues and Benefits Team
· The work taking place with the Devon and Somerset Metro Bid
Consideration was given to:
· Digital connectivity and the need for achievements to be made in this area
· The work taking place installing fibre optic in the area
· Statistical errors with regard to the number of houses converted and those ‘Right to Buy’ properties brought back.
· The need to look forward to the regeneration of the town centres, there were an abundance of plans in place with some grant funding, however there was a need for additional funding (via the Capital Programme) for match funding and partnership working.
· The need for a strategy for town centre regeneration and renewal.
a) The report be NOTED
b) The 4 year KPI targets against the Corporate Plan be approved.
(Proposed by Cllr R J Chesterton and seconded by Cllr C R Slade)
Reason for the decision – there is a need to monitor performance against the Corporate Plan.
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.
Publication date: 09/07/2021
Date of decision: 06/07/2021
Decided at meeting: 06/07/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 14/07/2021