Decision Maker: Environment Policy Development Group, Cabinet
Decision status: Implemented
Is Key decision?: Yes
Is subject to call in?: Yes
To receive the Public Spaces Protection Order
after public consultation and recommend adoption to
Arising from a *report of the Environment and Enforcement Manager the Environment Policy Development Group had made the following recommendations:
· To resolve to make and bring into force the draft PSPO at Appendix A.
· To authorise the Monitoring Officer to take all necessary steps to make and bring into force the draft PSPO at Appendix A.
· To instruct Officers to bring to the Environment PDG a draft variation of the PSPO (once made) to include the land identified by Hemyock for consideration for consultation.
The Cabinet Member for the Environment and Climate Change outlined the contents of the report highlighting the history of the PSPO and the work that had been undertaken to date which included a further consultation process.
Consideration was given to:
· The resource available for enforcement
· The work of the enforcement officers
· The need to consider the culture of enforcement across Mid Devon
RESOLVED that the recommendation of the Policy Development Group be approved.
(Proposed by Cllr C R Slade and seconded by Cllr D J Knowles)
Reason for the Decision - to ensure that the Council has a Public Spaces Protection Order in place.
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.
Report author: Vicky Lowman
Publication date: 06/08/2021
Date of decision: 03/08/2021
Decided at meeting: 03/08/2021 - Cabinet
Effective from: 11/08/2021