To receive a report of the Chief Executive considering the new corporate plan for the council in light of comments and feedback from all four policy development groups that reviewed the working draft in December 2019. It is proposed that the new corporate plan will replace the current plan which expires in March 2020.
The Cabinet had before it a * report of the Chief Executive considering the new Corporate Plan for the council in light of comments and feedback from all four policy development groups that reviewed the working draft in December 2019.
The Chief Executive outlined the contents of the report and referred to the feedback that had been received from the Policy Development Groups (available at appendix B of the report) and that the broad consensus of the draft was one of support.
Consideration was given to:
· An amendment to the date of the previous plan to read 2016-2020
· How much influence the authority had on farming practices and whether other agencies should take those issues forward
· The need to include reference to the abolition of the ‘Right to Buy’
· The removal of the wording ‘hydro-energy and windpower’ and leave the wording as ‘green sources of energy’
· To include the wording ‘private and third sector and communities’ into the last bullet point on the Economy section
· To remove the word ‘Enable and replace with ‘Encourage’…. Communities to deliver their own projects to reduce carbon emissions
· Remove the wording ‘by holding more meetings in the evening’ from the bullet point …Promote community involvement in Council activity
· The need to identify Bradninch and Bampton as towns within the map
(Proposed by the Chairman)
Note: * Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.