6 Month Leisure Update (0.21.18)
To receive an update from the Leisure Manager.
The Group received a Leisure Service update from the Leisure Manager by way of a presentation.
He highlighted the following:
· The journey through Covid – impact and plans
· Pre Covid over 900k visits were recorded
· He praised the diversity of the Leisure team who had been redeployed throughout the Council during lockdown restrictions
· The Leisure team had been involved in the shielding hubs by supporting the telephones lines and visits to the vulnerable
· A PCR testing facility had been set up in conjunction with the MOD
· A pragmatic approach was now being taken to minimise and rationalise the numbers of people in the Leisure Centres in order to mitigate Covid risks
· A Leisure recovery plan would review each of the critical phases and this included reviewing the staffing structure and introducing enhanced training and development for staff
· A number of staff had been contacted by track and trace and had to self-isolate. That currently they were able to backfill the gaps with existing staff but the situation was being monitored
· Future deliverables included an improved leisure app and on line offerings and booking system
The Chairman thanked the Leisure Staff for how well they had adapted throughout the crisis.
In response to questions asked the Leisure Manager responded:
· Current staff parking arrangements at Lords Meadow would be investigated to see if improvements could be made
· Leisure Service had engaged with Property Services and Ground Maintenance to ensure the maintenance of the Leisure Centre grounds to keep them free of weeds
· Pace clocks would be repaired or replaced.