To receive a report from the Communications and Engagement Manager
Cabinet received a report* which provided Members with the revised Communication and Engagement Strategy and accompanying Media and Social Media Policy.
The following was discussed:
That the Communication and Engagement Strategy be deferred.
(Proposed by Cllr D J Knowles, seconded by Cllr A Wilce)
Reason for Decision: So that a revised version of this report that considered the Cabinet’s feedback could be presented back to Cabinet.
Note: *report previously circulated and attached to the minutes
To receive a report from the Corporate Manager for Digital Transformation and Customer Engagement.
The Group had before it a report* from the Corporate Performance and Improvement Manager which provided Members with an update on action taken to help meet the Council’s statutory duties under the Equality Act (2010).
The contents of the report were outlined with reference to the following:
· This report was presented annually to the Community PDG.
· Mid Devon has a population of circa 83,000, with a growth of 6.5% since 2011.
· Mid Devon had an aging population.
· The percentage of residents who were economically active decreased.
· The number of residents reporting that they have no religion had increased.
· The percentage of residents with a level 3 qualification or above increased.
· There were no proposed changes to the Council’s Equality Objectives.
The following was discussed by the Committee:
· That all protected characteristics must be considered including ethnicity.
· As an employer it needs to be representative of the community it serves.
RESOLVED to RECOMMEND to the Cabinet that the content of the Single Equalities Policy and Equality Objective Policy be approved.
(Moved by the Chair).
Reason for the decision: As set out in the report.
Notes: * Report previously circulated.