Market Schedule of Tolls (00:55:55)
To receive a verbal update on the Market Schedule of Tolls from the Market Manager.
The Market Manager provided a verbal update to the Group on the Market Schedule of Tolls which included the following:
· The new format of tolls would commence on 1 April 2018. Traders had had a chance to comment but generally the new format had been well received.
· It was difficult to predict whether all traders would keep up their payments.
· A lot of traders were taking up standing orders as they received a 10% discount.
· Direct debit was the preferred option but this was currently not possible although it was being looked into.
· Some new traders were moving away from traditional market options and more towards stalls offering crafts and artisan foods.
· The Cabinet had earlier that day approved the Tiverton Town Centre Masterplan which included some initial considerations about what could be done with the market. The Masterplan would shortly be going out for consultation.
· It was reported that several coach loads of people had visited Tiverton and its market recently and that this was an increasing trend, parking was a challenge however.
It was requested that the Committee Clerk find out why it was not possible for traders to pay by direct debit, what was being done about it and report back to the Group.