To receive the Audit Progress Report 2017-18 from the Head of the Devon Audit Partnership.
(Report to follow)
The Committee had before it, and NOTED, a report * from the Deputy Head of the Devon Audit Partnership updating the Committee on progress to date within the work plan of the Internal Audit team.
The officer provided a brief summary of the report paying particular reference to the following:
· No material issues had been identified in the core audits to date but reconciliation of control accounts had received comment in some areas in the last progress report and were still relevant within this latest report. Management had agreed all remedial actions in relation to this.
· There were no specific issues to bring to the Committee’s attention in relation to systems audits.
· The Internal Audit Team had received positive feedback from service areas in relation to the conduct of their audits,
· A summary of the audits undertaken since the last progress report were showing a ‘good standard’ as the assurance opinion and the direction of travel was positive.
· The area of trade waste was amber in colour which meant that agreement of an action plan had been delayed or the audit team were aware that progress had been hindered.
· Since the agenda for this meeting had been published the number of overdue outstanding audit recommendations had reduced from 31% to 16%.
Note: * Report previously circulated; copy attached to the signed minutes.