The Committee to receive a position statement from the Cabinet Member for Planning and Economic Regeneration providing an update on the areas within his portfolio.
The Committee received and NOTED a *report from the Cabinet Member for Planning & Economic Regeneration
He outlined the contents of the report and stated that it reflected the wide area of the teams remit which was far greater than 10 years ago.
Discussion took place regarding;
· Rural productivity and the effect of the issues with broadband provision across the district
· Provision of wireless broadband in the rural areas
· Congratulations to officers who ensured the Council entered the Local Government Chronicle awards
· The successful occupation of business units as they became available
· If there was a demand for new homes in the district and the conclusions of the Local Plan
· The initial conclusions of the Inspector after the examination hearings for the Local Plan review
· The success of the Building Control Partnership with North Devon Council
In response to Members questions he confirmed that he would send details of action taken by officers with regard to scaffolding in Cullompton High Street and he would seek to provide the figures for the Housing Delivery Test broken down into the 3 main towns.
Note: *Report previously circulated and attached to the minutes