To receive a report from the Group Manager for Housing providing a written briefing on the latest developments relating to social housing.
The Group had before it, and NOTED, a briefing paper from the Group Manager for Housing providing a written briefing on the latest developments relating to social housing.
The Neighbourhood Team Leader briefly outlined the contents of the report with reference to:
· The Hackett Review
· A new deal for social housing with the development of key performance indicators and how these could help tenants to hold their landlords to account.
· Recent regulatory judgements demonstrating how important it was for Registered Providers to be compliant with both legislative and regulatory requirements.
· The consultation in relation to a new five year Rent Standard.
· Yarlington (a housing association) had announced that they were exploring options to form a partnership.
· Tenure Reform and the drive to simplify the tenancy process especially in relation to flexible tenancies.
· Leasehold Reform.
· Welfare Reform
Note: * Report previously circulated; copy attached to the signed minutes.