To receive a report from the Director of Corporate Affairs & Business Transformation providing Members with an update on performance against the Corporate Plan and local service targets for 2019/20 as well as providing an update on the key business risks.
The Committee had before it, and NOTED, a report * from the Director of Corporate Affairs & Business Transformation providing Members with an update on performance against the Corporate Plan and local service targets for 2019-20 as well as providing an update on the key business risks. The report had been discussed by three Policy Development Groups and the Scrutiny Committee. There had been discussion at the Scrutiny Committee about the Council’s carbon footprint with a suggestion that Mid Devon’s be compared with that of other authorities. However, it was felt that this would not add much value since figures were not directly comparable given that other authorities provided different services in house.
Further discussion took place with regard to:
· How well the Private Sector Housing team were performing in ‘bringing empty homes back into use’.
· Whether a trend line in relation to the number of empty shops bar chart would add any value?
· The number of days lost due to sickness. This topic had regularly been discussed by the Committee with the promise of a revised policy being drawn up by officers some time ago. The Committee were informed that a revised policy had been circulated to Group Managers this week with a view to it being fully adopted by 1st February 2020. The Chairman requested that the Committee receive reassurance from the Leadership Team that the policy was now in place and had gone through all the required processes, for example, the union.
· The need for a thorough analysis of the performance indicators in relation to the Council’s commitment to the climate change declaration and the new Corporate Plan.
· A mitigating action in relation to GDPR compliance risk being behind target, however, the Committee were reassured that there was an action plan in place and officers knew what they had to do going forwards.
Note: * Report previously circulated; copy attached to the signed minutes.