To receive the Leaders Annual Report for 2021-2022.
The Committee had before it, and NOTED, the Leaders Annual Report for 2021-2022.
The Leader informed the Committee that he had not received any advance questions and that an updated report would be presented to the next Audit Committee.
Consideration was given to:
· There was currently no data available to confirm how many failures of the Homes for Ukraine’s scheme had occurred in Mid Devon
· The Government had allowed Ukrainian refugees to move schemes if a breakdown in families occurred which enabled them to stay in the UK
· If any Ukrainian refugees became homeless in Mid Devon due to break down of relationships with their hosts that the Council had a statutory requirement to rehome them and officers remained committed to helping refugees
· Members request that data on affordable housing be updated and included in future reports
· Members gratitude to the Revenue and Benefits Service for the high collection rates of Business Rates and Council Tax
Note: *report previously circulated and attached to the minutes