Following consideration of the applications on the site, Members as mentioned in Minute 50 further considered the S106 package.
It was RESOLVED that:
1. The Section 106 package of obligations to be applied in total across applications 17/01170/MOUT, 17/01178/MFUL AND 17/01346/MOUT, is agreed as follows:
1) 10% affordable housing across the whole of Phase 1
2) Timing, funding and delivery of a linking road between Willand Road and Tiverton Road including financial contribution towards its provision (latter, application 17/01170/MOUT)
3) Off-site highway works: improvements to J28 of the M5, pedestrian footway and crossing in Willand Road, traffic calming in Saxon Way, Plantagenet Drive and Norman Drive, and footpath extension in Millennium Way to link to bus stops
4) Financial contribution of £3.0 million towards the Town Centre Relief Road
5) Transfer of 1.2 hectares of land for primary school (with access and servicing) and school sports pitch to Devon County Council
6) Financial contribution of £672,361 towards St Andrews primary school expansion
7) Financial contribution of £1,577,972 toward delivery of the new primary school
8) Financial contribution of £150,000 towards early years provision
9) Financial contribution of £795,072 towards secondary provision
10) Financial contribution of £87,339 towards special educational needs provision
11) Financial contribution of £231,224 towards expansion of doctors surgery
12) Provision and maintenance of Rull Hill green infrastructure to include landscaped areas, multi-use games area and play area
13) Upgrade to existing public rights of way (Goblin Lane and bridleway between Willand Road and Rull Lane)
14) Transfer of land to Culm Valley Integrated Health Centre (College Surgery) for a health garden
2. It be agreed that the following Phase 1 items be delivered in Phase 2 to aid viability:
1) Financial contribution of £1.2 million towards bus improvements
2) Financial contribution of £96,000 towards recycling facilities
3) Provision of land for community building at the beginning of phase 2 (community building itself in Phase 2)
4) Provision of additional sports pitch
5) Allotments and second community orchard
6) Additional footpath extension works in Millennium Way
3. Delegated authority be granted to the Head of Planning, Economy and Regeneration in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chairman of the Planning Committee and Ward Members to negotiate the apportionment of the various obligations between the three individual Section 106 Agreements and the exact composition of the Rull Hill green infrastructure and enter into S106 agreements accordingly.
4. Delegated authority be granted to the Head of Planning, Economy and Regeneration in consultation with the Chair and Vice Chair of Planning Committee and Ward Members to negotiate and enter into a fall-back position in the S106 agreements that seeks to prioritise and apportion S106 requirements in the event that one or more of the planning applications in question do not come forward for development.
5. The S106 in respect of application 17/01178/MFUL also secure the provision of the community orchard, health garden and other public open space together with its long term management and maintenance.
(Proposed by Cllr B G J Warren and seconded by Cllr C A Collis)