The purpose of the Scrutiny Committee
The main purpose is to ensure that the Council's priorities are delivered and performance is well managed so that the residents of Mid Devon benefit from improved services and are involved in the process.
The role of the Scrutiny Committee is to:
· Hold the Cabinet (the Council's policy and decision-making group) to account by:
· Examining decisions that have been, or are about to be made
· Evaluating performance and progress
· Ensuring that consultation, where necessary, has been carried out
· Highlighting areas for improvement
· Investigating decisions that have been made but not yet implemented (a procedure known as 'Call-in').
Ensure services are effective and responsive to the needs of our residents by:
· Reviewing services
· Ensuring the public are consulted where change is being proposed
· Ensuring that services delivered represent value for money
Encourage public involvement by:
· Considering issues that are of interest to the local community
· Providing accessible information on the scrutiny process and activities.
Members of the public are invited to report areas of concern to the Chairman of the Scrutiny Committee as possible future agenda items by completing the process that can be found here:
Click for more information on East and Mid Devon Crime and Disorder Scrutiny Panel
Support officer: Carole Oliphant. Member Services Officer
Phone: 01884 234209