From 7 May 2021, the law requires all councils to hold formal meetings in person. The Council will enable all people to continue to participate in meetings via Zoom.
If you want to ask a question or speak, email your full name to Committee@middevon.gov.uk by no later than 4pm on the day before the meeting. This will ensure that your name is on the list to speak and will help us ensure that you are not missed –Notification in this way will also ensure that the meeting runs as smoothly as possible.
The Policy Development Groups
· assist the Council and the Cabinet in the development of its budget and policy framework by in-depth analysis of current provision, performance and policy issues
undertake all preparatory work in the development of policy including involvement of members of the Cabinet, members of other bodies
review and scrutinise the performance of other public bodies in the area
There are four policy development groups with the following remit:-
· Environment - Waste and Recycling, Street Scene Services, Climate Change
· Homes - Provision of Affordable Housing, Tenant Satisfaction, Social Housing/ Decent Home Standard
· Community - Community Leadership, Leisure Centres, Community Consultation,/Development/Participation, Community Planning, Town Centre Improvements
· Economy – Bringing new businesses into the District, business development and growth, improving and regenerating our town centres, growing the tourism sector
Support officer: Sarah Lees. Member Services Officer
Phone: 01884 234310