Arising from a report of the Head of Planning, Economy and Regeneration, the Economy Policy Development Group had made the following recommendations:
1. The Economic Strategy and year 1 action plan be approved.
2. That delegated authority be granted to the Head of Planning, Economy and Regeneration in consultation with the Chairman of the Economy PDG and Cabinet Member for Planning and Regeneration to finalise the document for publication (document appearance such as formatting, illustrative material and minor changes).
3. That delegated authority be granted to Head of Planning, Economy and Regeneration in consultation with the Chairman of the Economy PDG and Cabinet Member for Planning and Regeneration to add an appendix to include key employment sites.
The Cabinet Member for Planning and Economic Regeneration outlined the contents of the report by way of presentation stating that the revised strategy had been developed by a process of engagement with Members through a series of informal workshops and local business representatives in which priorities and possible interventions had been discussed and was aimed to supplement the joint strategy created with other EHOD authorities. He highlighted the themes of discussion, the overarching objectives of the strategy, the five key themes, the proposed outcomes of the themes and the level of ambition.
Consideration was given to:
· The year 1 action plan
· How productivity could be influenced
· The need to attract new businesses into the area
· The work of the Economic Development Team with local businesses
· The need to upskill the workforce and how Petroc had widened its opportunities available to young people
RESOLVED that the recommendation of the Policy Development Group be approved.
(Proposed by Cllr R J Chesterton and seconded by Cllr C R Slade)
Note: *Report previously circulated, copy attached to minutes.