Venue: Phoenix Chamber, Phoenix House, Tiverton
Contact: Carole Oliphant Member Services Officer
ELECTION OF CHAIRMAN (CHAIRMAN OF COUNCIL IN THE CHAIR)
To elect a Chairman for the municipal year
Cllr P J Heal was duly elected Chairman for the municipal year
ELECTION OF VICE CHAIRMAN (0.02.24)
To elect a Vice Chairman for the municipal year
Cllr L J Cruwys was duly elected Vice Chairman for the municipal year
APOLOGIES AND SUBSTITUTE MEMBERS (0.07.36)
To receive any apologies for absence and notices of appointment of substitute
Apologies were received from Cllrs D J Knowles and Mrs C Collis who was substituted Cllr C J Eginton
PUBLIC QUESTION TIME (0.07.59)
To receive any questions relating to items on the agenda from members of the public and replies thereto.
Note: A maximum of 30 minutes is allowed for this item.
There were no public questions.
DECLARATION OF INTERESTS UNDER THE CODE OF CONDUCT (0.08.10)
To record any interests on agenda matters
Cllr P J Heal made a declaration in accordance with the Protocol of Good Practice for Councillors dealing with planning matters as he had been in attendance at the Parish Council meeting when application for 1 Allington Terrace, Morchard Road, Crediton was discussed.
Cllr B Holdman made a declaration in accordance with the Protocol of Good Practice for Councillors dealing with planning matters as he was the Ward Member for the application for Park Road Nursery.
To consider whether to approve the minutes as a correct record of the meeting held on 20th April 2022.
The Minutes of the meeting held on 20th April 2022 were agreed as a true record and duly signed by the Chairman
CHAIRMAN'S ANNOUNCEMENTS (0.09.03)
To receive any announcements the Chairman may wish to make.
The Chairman had no announcements to make.
WITHDRAWALS FROM THE AGENDA (0.09.18)
To report any items withdrawn from the agenda
There were no items withdrawan from the agenda
To consider the planning applications contained in the list.
The Committee considered the applications on the *Plans List.
Note: *List previously circulated and attached to the minutes
a) Application 21/02034/FULL - Erection of 6 dwellings including associated car parking and access with conversion of former gate house to ancillary accommodation in respect of House Type 4 at Mid Devon District Council, Park Road Nursery, Park Road
The Acting Area Team Leader outlined the application by way of a presentation which highlighted the site location plan, the proposed site layout, various house type plans, illustrative site sections, visualizations and photographs of the site.
The officer explained that the site, apart from the lodge area, was outside of the conservation area and that permission had already been granted for 9 dwellings on the site. The revised application before Members was for 6 dwellings.
He explained that there had been a consideration of the impact of the conservation area and heritage assets and that highways concerns had been addressed. He further explained that there was a requirement for the developer to agree S106 provision for education with Devon County Council (DCC).
Consideration was given to:
· The properties would be open market
· The parking provision exceeded the parking standards
· The trees had some form of protection due to being in a conservation area but they did not currently have Tree Protection Orders. It was however a recommendation of the Tree Officer that Tree Preservation Orders were considered for some of the adjoining parkland trees, should permission be granted
· Access to the construction site would be from the north
· The lodge was within the conservation area and it was conditioned that this could not be altered or extended without planning permission
It was therefore RESOLVED that that planning permission be granted subject to conditions as recommended by the Development Management Manager and the signing of a S106 agreement with Devon County Council.
(Proposed by Cllr L J Cruwys and seconded by Cllr Mrs C P Daw)
Reason for the decision: As set out in the report
i. Cllr B Holman requested that his abstention from voting be recorded
b) Application 22/00077/FULL - Erection of dwelling at 1 Allington Terrace, Morchard Road, Crediton
The Principal Planning Officer outlined the application by way of a presentation which highlighted the site location plan, proposed elevations, floor and roof plans and photographs of the site.
The officer explained that the application was for an affordable dwelling adjacent to an existing terrace and that the application complied with the national space standards.
Consideration was given to
· The views of an objector who felt that the plot was too small for a new property and that it would have been better if the existing end terrace could have been extended, the current issues with parking in and around the site and concerns with rear access to neighbouring properties
· The views of the Ward Member who had no issue with the application and felt that there was adequate parking in the adjacent public car park
It was therefore RESOLVED that ... view the full minutes text for item 9.
List attached for consideration of major applications and potential site visits.
The Committee had before it, and NOTED, a *list of major applications with no decision.
The Committee agreed that:
· Application 22/00642/MFUL – Westcott Park – To be determined by Committee if the officer recommendation was one of approval – no site visit was required as Members had previously visited the site
· Application – 22/00665/MFUL – Land at NGR 299554 112915 – To be determined by Committee – No site visit was required
· Application – 22/000460/MFUL – Heathcoat Fabrics Ltd – Remained delegated
· Application 22/00675/MARM – South of Blundells Road – to be determined by Committee and a full Committee site visit was required
· Application 22/00706/MFUL – Land north west of Cullompton - to be determined by Committee and a full Committee site visit was required
· Application 22/00707/MFUL – AD at Edgeworthy Farm – To remain delegated
· Application – 22/00729/MFUL – North of Tiverton Road/Goblin Lane - to be determined by Committee and a full Committee site visit was required
· Application – 22/00735/MARM – Tiverton Road/Goblin Lane - to be determined by Committee and a full Committee site visit was required
Note: *list previous circulated and attached to the minutes
To receive for information a list of recent appeal decisions
The Committee had before it, and NOTED, a *list appeal decisions
Note: *list previously circulated and attached to the minutes